Remote Opens but Won't Close Garage
The problem is usually either due to a blocked path between the sensors, dirty safety eyes, loose wires at the sensors or at the motor head, bad sensors, or bad motor control board. The transmitters (remotes) will not work to close the garage door if any of these issues are present. Also, try unplugging the garage door opener and re-plugging the unit back into the outlet.
Steps to solve the issue:
- Check alignment on garage door photo sensors
- Clean Sensor eyes (possibly replace sensors if defective)
- Check for damaged wiring
- Make sure wires are all connected well at motor and sensors
- Unplug motor and let it rest for a few minutes before replugging and test again
- Clear memory on motor and reprogram everything new
- Replace motor control board
- Replace Remote controls
If you need to replace any of the items above, please check out these products:
To erase the memory on your unit follow this:
Pressing and holding the PROGRAM SWITCH button for 10 seconds
will erase all transmitters from memory. The STATUS light and overhead light will flash 3 times indicating a successful erase operation.
Motor control for Quantum, Classic Drive, and Prodrive Model Wayne Dalton Motors: