Genie Screw Drive Carriage 36179R.S
This drive carriage or traveler is for use with Genie screw drive openers.
This is an original equipment replacement part for all Genie screw drive garage door openers, including the Genie Excelerator models.
This part replaces old part numbers: 25589S,25589Z, 25589R, 24357R, 20073R
Also new replacement part numbers: 25589S, 36179R.S
Lubricant is recommended to prolong part life.Specifications:
- Dimensions: 2.75" x 3.75" x 3"
- Part No: 36179R.S
- Color: Black
- Manufacturer: Genie
- With the garage door in the closed position, disengage the screw drive carriage by pulling the red emergency release cord. After pulling the release cord, slide the old worn-out carriage to about 6 inches from the door end of the rail.
- Pull the clevis and cotter pin, from the garage door arm that is attached to the old screw drive carriage. Hold the garage door arm and do not let it fall against the garage door. Once the clevis pin and cotter pin are both removed, slowly slide the door arm down toward the garage door.
- Slide the screw drive carriage down closer to the garage door (until it is about 2 inches from the end of the rail). Then remove the nut and bolt from the header bracket that is above the garage door. Hold onto the rail while doing so. (You may want to use a ladder to rest the garage door opener rail on), or have a second person helping you.
- Slightly lift up on the screw drive rail, slide the old carriage out of the rail. Then slide the new 36179R.S screw drive carriage back on the rail. Reattach the rail to the header bracket above the garage door with the nut and bolt.
- Reattach the garage door arm to the screw drive carriage and reconnect the door arm with the clevis and cotter pin that was removed. After reattaching, re-engage the new screw drive carriage assembly by pulling the red emergency release cord towards the powerhead of the garage door opener.
- All Genie screw drive type garage door openers manufactured in the last 30 years.
- Including all Genie Excelerator garage door opener models.
- NOT Compatible with newer GENIE EXCELERATOR Screw Drive Models